Last modified: May 5, 2018
At IPT LLC d/b/a Paylock ("Company" or "We") we respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect or, that you may provide when you visit our websites, including www.paylock.com, https://www.mybootinfo.com, https://www.digitalpermits.com, and other websites we may create as part of our business (our "Websites"), and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On our Websites.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and our Websites.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from our Websites, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and our Websites.
- From Google Analytics or similar vendors who analyze our web traffic.
- Via telephone, in support of the services you requested through our Websites.
It does not apply to information we obtain from any other source. This policy also does not apply to the practices of companies or entities that Paylock does not own or control, or of persons that Paylock does not employ or manage, including any third-party content contributors and any third-party websites to which our Websites link.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Websites are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Websites. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13.
If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on our Websites, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, driverâs license number, vehicle identification (including license plate number, year, make and model), or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personally identifiable information");
- that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Websites and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Websites may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Websites. This includes information you provide in order to search for alleged parking violations, to arrange to pay parking-related fines or fees, to arrange to pay other fines or fees that may be required in order to authorize the release/removal of a parking boot; or to request other services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Websites or otherwise contact us.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Websites. You may be required to provide financial information before completing a transaction through our Websites. When you use a credit card, bank account or similar payment method for a transaction, a third party that handles payments for Paylock will receive the related account information. Paylock does not store full credit card information on its servers.
- Your search queries on the Websites.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Websites, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- Information regarding your geographic location.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and generally does not include personally identifiable information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personally identifiable information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Websites and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Websites according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Websites may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Websites. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Websites and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personally identifiable information automatically, but we may tie this information to personally identifiable information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personally identifiable information:
- To present our Websites and their contents to you.
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us.
- To facilitate transactions related to parking and parking violations, between you and our customers.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Websites or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To our customers, to facilitate the services we provide to them, such as collecting fines and fees for parking and parking violations.
- While negotiating or in relation to a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personally identifiable information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of our company, our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personally identifiable information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personally identifiable information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. In certain areas of our Websites, as identified on the site, we use industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personally identifiable information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personally identifiable information transmitted to our Websites. Any transmission of personally identifiable information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Websites.
We also safeguard your personally identifiable information from unauthorized access, through access control procedures, network firewalls and physical security measures.
Further, we retain your personally identifiable information only as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes identified above or as required by law.
or via our toll-free number: